Hummus, say no to Sabra!
Warning: You’ll be standing in your kitchen over the food processor bowl, licking it off the spatula.
You’ll Need: (makes 3 “tubs”)
• 2 15oz cans BPA-free, no-salt-added chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
• 1/3 cup tahini paste
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 1 lemon, juiced
• 1 tsp cumin
• 2 small cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 3-4 Tbsp water, for consistency
• dash of paprika, olive oil, & parsley for serving
1. Peel your chickpeas for the smoothest texture. Honestly, if you don’t want to spend that extra 10 minutes, it’s ok. Although If you decide not to peel the beans make sure you rinse, rinse, rinse! I found an easy method: (start with a small amount at a time) Soak the chickpeas in a large bowl under running water and use your hands to gently “pop” the naked chickpea out. The skin will float as the chickpeas sink- then use a slotted spatula to discard the skin and separate the already peeled chickpeas. Repeat this process until all the chickpeas are skinned.